Executive Assistant, Office of Academic Affairs
06/14/2017 3:15 pm
The primary emphasis of this position is to manage the academic and administrative support operations of the campus community as they relate to the responsibilities of the Vice President of Academic Affairs/Provost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide support to the Vice President of Academic Affairs/Provost on a daily basis.
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality of all information.
- Provide follow up to assignments given to management staff by the Vice President of Academic Affairs/Provost; provide status reports as requested.
- Serve as primary contact for the Office of Academic Affairs to faculty, staff, and students.
- Attend Faculty, Academic Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees and other meetings; take meeting minutes as directed by the Vice President of Academic Affairs/ Provost.
- Receive and screen communications to the Vice President of Academic Affairs/ Provost, including telephone calls, incoming mail, and e-mail messages, and provide assistance using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention.
- Make travel arrangements, manage schedule and calendar information for the Vice President of Academic Affairs/ Provost; arrange meetings and conferences.
- Manage a wide variety of executive secretarial and administrative duties as required by daily operations in the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Coordinate office processes and procedures; develop and recommend office procedures and systems; ensure smooth office operations; help create and then maintain Office of Academic Affairs policies and procedures manual.
- Exercise project management by managing various annual projects, such as the Academic Retreat, University Opening Conference, Student Showcase and the Retention, Tenure, and Promotion processes; distribute, process, and evaluate student course evaluations each semester.
- Work with staff members in other offices to complete tasks, such as coordinating the full-time faculty contracts with the AVP of Human Resources and provide data for national surveys.
- Serve as Office of Academic Affairs record keeper by maintaining general office documents and the faculty files, which include appointment letters, contracts, vitas and transcripts, retention, tenure, and promotion documentation, and faculty development applications and awards.
- Prepare, review, and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents as necessary.
- Monitor invoice processes for all of Academic Affairs.
- Independently respond to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature.
Direction would be provided for OAA Administrative Assistant and any Student Workers or Temporary Workers in order to properly complete necessary projects.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Display and maintain a professional appearance and attitude;
- Provide exemplary customer satisfaction skills, including dealing effectively with the public, cabinet members, faculty and staff members, and Board members both in person and over the telephone;
- Engage in teamwork and developing consensus;
- Apply creative and innovative techniques for performing assignments;
- Understand and use proper English, spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
- Compose formal business correspondence;
- Perform basic mathematical computations, accounting, and record keeping, along with general budgeting theories and principles;
- Exhibit proficiency in technology, both in the use of standard office equipment and in the use of computer applications related to the work; and
- Engage in time management practices, as well as, above average accuracy
Education and/or Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Email resume, cover letter indicating salary requirements and list of three professional references to email@example.com