Rockford.edu / News
11/21/2018 11:13 am
Rockford University is seeking applications for the Director of Adult & Graduate Admissions. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide leadership and management for a newly formed department responsible for the recruitment of students to existing and future adult accelerated and graduate degree programs across the University.
The University is located centrally in Rockford, the third largest city in Illinois. Rockford was named one of 15 Best Places to Move to in the U.S. (Before They Get Too Crowded) by Reader’s Digest. The article cites Rockford’s small town charm and “unsuspecting cultural, culinary and outdoor spaces.” There are many cultural, sports and outdoor opportunities including the Anderson Japanese Gardens, Discovery Center Museum, Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens, Burpee Museum of Natural History, Midway Village & Museum Center, Coronado Performing Arts Center (home of the Rockville Symphony Orchestra), over 10,000 acres of municipal and state parks, and the BMO Harris Bank Center, home of the Rockford Ice Hogs ice hockey team (affiliate team of the Chicago Black Hawks). Rockford’s three major healthcare systems/hospitals, affordable housing and beautiful riverfront park make it one of the best places to live and work in the upper Midwest.
Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management, the Director is a member of the division leadership team that strives to achieve enrollment goals, meet student needs, and provide excellent customer service.
The Director develops and executes recruitment and marketing strategies designed to attract graduate-level and adult degree completion program students, and provide leadership in achieving enrollment goals and objectives in accordance with the University’s strategic plan. This position establishes relationships with corporations, community organizations and governmental agencies, and interacts with various University constituents in the development of articulation agreements.
The Director is responsible for working with the graduate admission team to develop and enhance admissions events, technologies, marketing tools, procedures and policies, and monitoring and analyzing performance of assigned staff members. This position requires a solid understanding of higher education administrative processes since it involves working on complex projects with cross-functional teams and with a wide range of campus constituencies. Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and leadership skills are essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• In collaboration with the VPEM, establish strategic direction, priorities and goals for the Office of Adult and Graduate Admissions, using data to make informed proposals and decisions.
• Provide overall leadership in developing internal policies and procedures and ensure adherence to University guidelines and admission criteria.
• Develop recruitment plans for each adult accelerated and graduate program. The plans must recognize the intrinsic differences and distinct attributes each program possesses and therefore must be highlighted for each target market.
• Work collaboratively with academic departments across the University to develop and execute recruitment, admissions and enrollment strategies for on-campus programs, and develop strategies that include online and off-campus program delivery.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Communications offices to develop marketing materials including publications, digital media and advertising.
• Develop and execute a communication strategy for outreach to prospective adult accelerated and graduate program students including email, print, texts and social media and community engagement.
• Develop comprehensive web presence within the structure of the Rockford University website. Monitor this presence to ensure information is accurate and current.
• Supervise staff within Adult and Graduate Admissions office, evaluating performance, and ensuring all staff members receive appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
• Develop and administer the Office’s budget, including budget forecasting, planning and monitoring of expenditures.
• Monitor international, national and state-wide educational and enrollment trends.
• Travel on behalf of the University when required. Some weekend and evening hours required.
• Perform other duties as assigned to support enrollment success at the University.
• Project Management skills
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Direct familiarity with information system/CRM systems
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and other customary desktop software tools.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree required.
• Minimum of five years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility and experience in graduate and adult degree completion programs.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu
Copyright © 2019 Rockford University, all rights reserved