Rockford.edu / News
10/23/2017 12:29 pm
Rockford University is seeking applications for a Director of Adult & Graduate Admissions. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide leadership and management for a newly formed department responsible for the recruitment of students to all adult accelerated and graduate programs across the University. The Director is a member of the Enrollment Management Leadership Team that strives to meet student needs, provide excellent customer service and achieve enrollment goals. This is truly an opportunity to make an immediate impact and build programs from the ground up.
This position is responsible for developing policies and procedures and monitoring and analyzing performance of assigned staff members. This position requires a solid understanding of higher education administrative processes since it involves working on complex projects with cross-functional teams and with a wide range of campus constituencies. Strong analytical, problem solving and leadership skills are essential.
The incumbent with develop and execute marketing and recruiting strategies designed to attract top students and provide leadership in achieving enrollment goals and objectives. The incumbent is accountable for uniform and timely dissemination of information and communication with prospective students and providing information about all available services. The incumbent is responsible for working with the admission team to develop and enhance admissions events, technologies, marketing tools, procedures and policies. This position develops and implements outreach to achieve long and short term institutional recruitment goals and to establish relationships with corporations, community organizations and governmental agencies which involves interacting with University leadership and the development of articulation agreements.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with experience in student recruitment and with the desire to make in impact in people’s lives through quality and impactful education programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• In collaboration with the VPEM, establish strategic direction, priorities and goals for the Office of Adult and Graduate Admissions, using data to make informed proposals and decisions.
• Provide overall leadership in developing internal policies and procedures and ensure adherence to University guidelines and admission criteria.
• Develop recruitment plans for each adult accelerated and graduate program. The plans must recognize the intrinsic differences and distinct attributes each program possesses and therefore must be highlighted for each target market.
• Work collaboratively with programs across the University to develop and execute central recruitment, admissions and enrollment strategies for on campus program and develop strategies that include online and off campus program delivery.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Communications offices to develop marketing materials including publications, digital media and advertising.
• Develop and execute a communication strategy for outreach to prospective adult accelerated and graduate students including email, print, texts and social media and community engagement.
• Develop comprehensive web presence within the structure of the Rockford University website. Monitoring this presence to ensure information is accurate and current.
• Supervise staff within Adult and Graduate Admissions operation assigning duties, evaluating performance, and ensuring all staff members receive appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
• Develop and administer the Office’s budget, including budget forecasting, planning and monitoring of expenditures.
• Collaborate with various University constituents, such as the academic departments, Marketing and Communications, Financial Aid, etc. to ensure consistent messaging and service follow-through.
• Monitor international, national and state-wide educational and enrollment trends.
• Travel on behalf of the University is required. Some weekend and evening hours required
• Perform other duties as assigned to support enrollment success at the University.
• Project Management skills
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Data entry skills
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and databases.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required with master’s degree preferred
• Five years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility in recruitment and admissions required, preferably with adult and graduate programs
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position if filled. Please submit cover letter, indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu
Copyright © 2017 Rockford University, all rights reserved