SERVICES & RESOURCES
Education & Training
Stronger management translates into stronger mission performance. NICNE offers extensive programming in many key areas of nonprofit management and capacity building. Please see our Programs for details about these offerings.
CEUs available for licensed social workers. Each NICNE course hour is equal to one CEU. CFREs are also available for select programs. For more information, please contact Jennifer Smith at JSmith@rockford.edu or 815.394.4384.
Agency Assessments & Technical Assistance
- The Unity Foundation CQ (Capacity Quotient) is the only nonprofit assessment that benchmarks nonprofit capacity according to 60 standards of “preferred practice” in nonprofit management. Visit www.unityfdn.org for more information.
- The Wilder Nonprofit Life Stage assessment determines what life stage an organization is in and the organization’s strengths and weaknesses. The tool can be used to help nonprofit organizations plan for the future, make decisions proactively, anticipate challenges, and determine necessary adjustments.
Take advantage of technical assistance provided by university staff. Utilize NICNE’s expansive collection of resources including:
- Nonprofit best practices
- Policies and procedures
- Employee handbooks
- Board development
- Business plans
- Strategic planning
- 501(c)3 development
- AND many more
Alliances & Linkages
Connect with peers to develop and share solutions. Linking organizations to one another not only provides nonprofits access to potential collaboration and partnerships, it builds a sense of community and support which makes our entire community stronger.
- Foundation Directory: NICNE updates the Directory of Community, Corporate, and Private Foundations of Northern Illinois annually and provides a copy to all member organizations.
- Membership Directory: We rely on membership to sustain our work of delivering quality service to you, your board, and your staff. Visit our Membership page for details and to view a list of our current Member organizations.
- Mailing List: Our database of over 700 nonprofit organizations in a 5-county region helps us link you to capacity-building resources. Sign up now to receive email updates about programs and events!
- Collaborative Programming: All of our programs are highly collaborative, allowing you to connect with peers, identify changing sector needs, and network with key nonprofit leaders. View our Programs and Events pages for details on current offerings.
- Business Interns: Undergraduate business students at Rockford University are now required to complete an internship. As a part of the Economics, Business, and Accounting (EBA) Department, NICNE can connect you with these students. To learn more, contact EBA Department Chair Robert Evans (REvans@rockford.edu), who coordinates the business internship program.
Additional Nonprofit Resources (click to expand details)
Each of the following links connect you to highly informative websites from reputable organizations and sources.
Each of the following resource documents are free to download, use, copy, and distribute.
- 2016 United Way/NICNE Nonprofit Salary Survey Report
- 2014 United Way/NICNE Salary Survey Report
- Business Model Template
- A Practical Guide to Integrated Communications (A Workbook for Nonprofits)
- A Consumer’s Guide to Donor Management Systems
- A Consumer’s Guide to Grant Management Systems
- Nonprofit Social Media Policy Workbook
- A Consumer’s Guide to Content Management Systems (CMS) for Nonprofits
- Should Your Organization Consider the Cloud? (A Workbook for Nonprofits)
- Implementing a Cloud Solution (A Workbook for Nonprofits)
MEET NICNE STAFF
Pam Clark Reidenbach
Program & Membership Coordinator
Northern Illinois Center for Nonprofit Excellence is a program of Rockford University with generous support from
“From informative seminars, unique community insights, and extensive research and advice…NICNE specializes in helping nonprofits thrive.”Sherry Pitney