NONPROFIT JOB BOARD
Looking for a job at a local nonprofit? Check back often for new postings!
Click on each job name to view or collapse the full details.
Want to post a position? There is no charge — use the form at the bottom of this page.
Grants Accountant - Prairie State Legal Services
Position Title: Grants Accountant
Organization: Prairie State Legal Services
Job Description: Prairie State Legal Services is a not-for-profit legal aid organization that provides civil legal aid services to the poor, elderly, and people with disabilities. Prairie State has 12 offices serving 36 counties throughout northern and central Illinois. Prairie State focuses services on legal problems that impact the ability of our clients to meet their basic human needs, including physical safety, access to healthcare, adequate housing, and similar needs. It is the only legal aid organization in the majority of its service area. Prairie State has a staff of approximately 150. The Administrative Office is in Rockford, Illinois. The annual budget of $13 million is largely supported by federal and state grants. The organization has excellent fiscal controls and is rated a 4-Star Charity by Charity Navigator. More information is available on our website at www.pslegal.org.
Grant Accountant is a new position for Prairie State and reports to the Director of Finance; the position will be based in the Administrative Office in Rockford. The Grant Accountant will assist in the financial aspects of grant development and reporting along with support for all accounting functions. The major areas directed are:
• Responsible for setting up a process to manage, track, and report the staff time and cost allocation to Prairie State grants and offices
• Identify the specific requirements of each existing grant which require data collection, tracking, and reporting
• Work with the grants department to understand and document the unique features of grants which require special reporting
• Interact with attorneys in the field offices to understand how they are setting up their time recording/reporting for grant and office purposes
• Work with the grants department to determine the budget and reporting requirements of any new and existing grants
• Analyze grants to ascertain if the budgets are accurate for the work we are expected to perform
• Prepare projections at key time periods in specific grants to ensure fulfilling the grant criteria/obligations
• Train new staff on grant reporting protocols as related to financial aspects of the grants
• Participate in the annual audit as needed
• Along with the other accounting staff members, provide back-up on other accounting functions, such as payroll, procurement, accounts payable and receivable, along with benefits administration.
• 2 – 3 years of Accounting with specific experience in Cost Accounting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles
• Clear communicator in writing and orally
• Familiarity with database software and proven track record of creating and modifying software to produce results
• Computer Literate – strong Excel skills and the ability to use Access, Outlook, and Word
• Flexibility in dealing with colleagues
• Well organized; good time management skills
• Ability to meet deadlines consistently
Travel throughout Prairie State’s 36-county service area and evening/weekend work will be required from time-to-time. Prefer experience in working with state and federal grants and the financial controls related to such grants.
This full-time position offers salary starting at $50,000/year depending on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, retirement, training and education, and generous leave time.
To Apply: Please indicate “Grants Accountant” in the subject line and e-mail a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
• Human Resources Director Jessica Hodierne at email@example.com
• Program Administrator Connie Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: June 30, 2018
Ad Posting Date: June 11 , 2018
Posting to be Removed: June 30, 2018
Volunteer and Communications Coordinator - Shelter Care Ministries
Position Title: Volunteer and Communications Coordinator
Organization: Shelter Care Ministries
Job Description: Provide a connection to Shelter Care Ministries through effective communication and fulfilling volunteer experiences. Supervise volunteer scheduling, coordinate donations from members of the community, maintain relationships with clients and staff, and communicate the impact of Shelter Care’s work to a variety of audiences, including the general public, donors and other stakeholders, staff, and clients.
For more information or to apply visit this site.
To Apply: Apply at Indeed (link above) or send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Ad Posting Date: June 4 , 2018
Posting to be Removed: July 3, 2018
Growth Strategist - Local Giving Mall
Position Title: Growth Strategist
Organization: Local Giving Mall, LLC
The Local Giving Mall, LLC is a web based shopping mall designed to promote “Donations from the Cloud”. This new innovative program, developed by LGM is designed to connect local non-profits with local retailers and independent merchants. This connection is in the form of a percentage of purchase cause marketing agreements between both parties. This connection will revolutionize the non-profit industry.
A key element to the success of this new innovative model is having passionate Growth Strategist
that want to help local non-profits raise monetary donations. Typically, non-profits spend up to 40% of the funds raised to raise additional funds. The Donations from the Cloud provided by the LGM cost the non-profit zero dollars. A full 100% of the donations pledged by the retailers is deposited in the non-profits pay pal account.
The Growth Strategist (GS) is responsible for introducing and supporting local non-profits, merchants and consumer groups by revealing the benefits of LGM’s Donations from the Cloud, program. This socially responsible program is totally supported by the LGM web page. The GS will focus on the monetary benefit this program offers to the non-profit as well as the increase market exposure this model provides for leasing storefront owners. Consumer advocacy work will be in conjunction with providing direction for the storefront owner to capitalize on this model and know the direct benefit it provides to those that serve, the local non-profit.
Please view the full job description HERE.
To Apply: Michael Sullivan
Local Giving Mall, ILLC
Rockford, IL 61109
Visit us at: www.localgivingmall.com
Reference: Careers Page / Please Send Resume
Ad Posting Date: May 16 , 2018
Posting to be Removed: June 16, 2018
Regional Manager of Giving Programs - The Salvation Army Central Division
Position Title: Regional Manager of Giving Programs
Organization: The Salvation Army Central Division
Job Description: KEES has been exclusively retained by The Salvation Army USA Central Territory in its search for two Regional Managers of Major Giving Programs at its Territorial Headquarters in the Chicago suburbs. The Central Territory is in the middle of a five-year aggressive plan to grow and invigorate its major gifts program, and these new roles have been created to provide leadership and consultation to a team Donor Relations Directors (DRDs aka: Major Gifts Officers) within the Central Territory.
The position requires an innovative and skilled manager with superb communication talents and an inherent ability to establish one’s presence and become a highly visible resource. The Regional Managers will participate with other senior leadership to develop major gift strategy, communication plans and donor prospects. The Regional Manager will train, support and coach a team of approximately 15 members, taking a proactive and goal-oriented approach with the right balance of professional supportiveness and healthy accountability. Responsibilities will include ensuring that each DRD has a qualified caseload, understand goals, methods and delivers results and information in a timely manner.
This position offers a robust benefits package, and relocation assistance may be offered. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority / Female / Disabled / Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position, please call 847-294-2166. The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.
Specific Requirements Include:
• Passion for The Salvation Army’s mission, coupled with a strong commitment to know and understand the Army’s history, mission and structure, as well as its services, policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced degree and/or CFRE credential preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising role or comparable experience in a corporate environment with a proven track record of major gifts success and a strong working knowledge of strategy development and moves management systems in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes.
• 3 or more years of experience providing leadership to fundraising professionals.
• Highly effective interpersonal, conversational and presentational skills, demonstrating an emotional intelligence and situational awareness, in tandem with excellent writing abilities and strong case development and sales pitch skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relations with diverse individuals, including executives, high-level volunteers and wealthy donors, as well as internal stakeholders and leadership.
• Must embrace, support, and reflect well on The Salvation Army’s mission and values through one’s professional responsibilities and behavior at all times.
• Willingness and ability to travel. Valid driver’s license required. The role initially requires as much as 50% travel. As additional Regional Managers are hired, travel will reduce to approximately 35%.
• Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment without extensive administrative support and exceptional organizational abilities with fluency in managing multiple projects and competing priorities with professionalism and grace.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Additional experience Salesforce is preferred.
To Apply: To apply, candidates should submit their cover letter and resume and complete the online application at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings
All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. No applications will be accepted via email.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, President/CEO and Sue Bultman, Senior Consultant of KEES. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ad Posting Date: May 4 , 2018
Posting to be Removed: June 30, 2018
Therapists - Family Counseling Services of Northern Illinois
Position Title: Therapists
Organization: Family Counseling Services of Northern Illinois
Description: Family Counseling Services of Northern Illinois is seeking therapists to work 4-25 hours per week. LCSW’s and LCPC’s are preferred but we’ll also consider LSW’s, LPC’s. This is a great opportunity for therapists who are:
· Working in other areas of the field and desire individual, couples or family counseling experience.
· Seeking part-time, flexible hours e.g. parents, caregivers etc.
· Considering retirement but not quite ready to retire completely.
· Looking to make a real difference in the lives of kids and adults in our community
· Seeking flexibility, we have daytime and evening hours available with no weekends or on-call work.
Clinical supervision toward clinical licensure is available.
Family Counseling Services was founded in 1877 and provides professional counseling for mental health and family issues to children and adults in northern Illinois. We’re committed to providing quality counseling to anyone in need of help regardless of socioeconomic status so a sliding fee scale is available to our clients.
Our main office is in Rockford, with small satellites in Rochelle and Belvidere.
To Apply: Apply to:
Eileen Liezert, Executive Director
Family Counseling Services of Northern Illinois
210 N. Longwood St.
Rockford, IL 61107
Ad Posting Date: April 16 , 2018
Posting to be Removed: June 18, 2018
Post a Job Listing
Please fill out the form in its entirety.
MEET NICNE STAFF
Pam Clark Reidenbach