NONPROFIT JOB BOARD
Looking for a job at a local nonprofit? Check back often for new postings!
Click on each job name to view or collapse the full details.
Want to post a position? There is no charge — use the form at the bottom of this page.
Finance Manager - Senior Resource Center
Position Title: Finance Manager
Organization: Senior Resource Center
Description: If you possess experience working in the non-profit sector budgeting, grant reporting, managing
account receivables and payables, and payroll this position is for you. Oversight of the annual audit is a fundamental job function. Experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office necessary. A minimum of an Associates Degree in Accounting required. This part-time position is 20-25 hours per week working with an Accounting Assistant and reporting to the Executive Director and the Finance Committee.
How to Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to SLambert@srcntr.org
Job Posting Date: 5/19/2017
Posting to be Removed: 6/1/2017
Sales Manager - Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (RACVB)
Tutoring Fellow - ExeceleRate Tutoring Corps
Position Title: Tutoring Fellow- Be the Difference!
Organization: ExeceleRate Tutoring Corps
Description and To Apply: What is ExceleRate Tutoring Corps?
ExceleRate Tutoring Corps is an innovative program designed to provide children daily small group, tutoring during the school day. ExceleRate tutors dedicate a year of their time to work with middle school students, or scholars as we prefer to call them. The tutors spend the day providing instruction, primarily in mathematics, to middle school scholars.
We have found that this targeted, small group instruction results in amazing gains among the scholars. In fact, we have seen scholars demonstrate as much as three years growth in one school year. ExceleRate is about unlocking the potential in all of our children.
What type of candidate should apply to ExceleRate Tutoring Corps?
There is no single definition for the model ExceleRate applicant. But, we can tell you that it is important that, as a candidate, you believe. You must believe that all children can succeed. You must believe that a child, no matter his or her background, can and will succeed. We believe that each child is a scholar and that each scholar is on his/her way to college. In fact, we refer to our scholars by the year that they will graduate–the year that they graduate from college. Our eighth grade scholars are the class of 2025 and our kindergarten scholars are the class of 2033!
Is this a “typical” tutoring program?
No! Throw away all of your preconceived notions of tutoring programs. This is tutoring on steroids. Tutors use comprehensive data to meet the needs of the scholars. Tutors meet with scholars daily. Tutors provide direct instruction; this is not homework assistance. An ExceleRate tutor has many responsibilities similar to that of a traditional teacher. An ExceleRate tutor takes ownership over the development of the scholars under his/her tutelage.
Is this a volunteer or paid position?
This is a paid position. At the same time, this is really a position of passion. We pay each ExceleRate tutor a living stipend similar to what programs such as AmeriCorps pay. Additionally, tutors receive free shared housing for the year as well as full insurance benefits at no cost to the tutor.
What type of time commitment is ExceleRate Tutoring Corps?
This is a year-long commitment. ExceleRate tutors will begin training in early August of 2017 and will work through June of 2018. Given the need to ensure consistency for our scholars it is imperative that tutors are committed to working full time for the entire academic year. On a daily basis, this is equivalent to a full time job. Tutors will be very busy not just with instruction during the day, but similar to teachers, tutors will need to work in the evenings and weekends to plan and practice instruction.
Apply directly at: https://www.applitrack.com/galapagos/onlineapp/default.aspx
Job Posted: 4-21-2017
Posting to be Removed: 8-1-2017
Employment Services Specialist- Skills Trainer - RAMP
Curriculum Services Associate - RAMP
Direct Care Service Providers and Registered Nurses - Milestone
Business Manager - Access Services of Northern Illinois
Executive Director - NW HomeStart
Position Title: Executive Director
Organization: NW HomeStart
Description and To Apply:
View job description HERE.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume to the HomeStart Board of Director President: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application packet can also be mailed to: 27 W Stephenson, Freeport, IL 61032. No phone calls, please. Application deadline: May 19, 2017.
Job Posted: 5-8-2017
Posting to be Removed: 5-19-2017
AmeriCorps VISTA - HomeStart
Executive Assistant - Wesley Willows
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Organization: Wesley Willows
Description: The Executive Assistant provides administrative and general clerical support to the President/CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an efficient and effective Executive Office.
- Coordinate all activities of the President/CEO.
- Maintains a calendar for the CEO and assures that complete information is available for all matters.
- Composes and prepares correspondence for signatures.
- Takes minutes for required meetings.
- Answers the phone, provides information and receives information concerning matters related to the executive office.
- Arranges for meetings and conferences.
- Collaborate with the Executive Management Team Members.
- Prepare Annual Report and Annual Board Meetings.
- Develop and maintain file and record systems for correspondence, contracts, board records and other corporate documents.
- Liaison to Wesley Willows Auxiliary and assist with the annual Bazaar.
- Complete special assignments/projects as required by the President/CEO.
- Job Knowledge
- Customer Service
- Quality of Work
- Team Work
- Resident Satisfaction
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent experience preferred.
- Three years of executive administrative experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and general office procedures.
- Good interpersonal relations with proven communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to sit for 6-7 hours during an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to stand and walk for 1-2 hours during an 8 hours shift.
- Must be able to frequently lift 10 to 25 pounds while walking or bending at the waist and knees.
- Must be able to use wrists, fingers, and hands for operating a computer, utilizing a telephone, writing and grasping.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Three years of executive administrative experience is preferred.
How to Apply: http://wesleywillows.org/employment.html
Job Posted: 4/6/2017
Posting to be Removed: 5/30/2017
Curriculum Services Manager - RAMP
Youth Education Advocate/Independent Living Advocate - RAMP
Many Part and Full-time positions available - Wesley Willows
MEET NICNE STAFF
Pam Clark Reidenbach
Program & Membership Coordinator