2017 Spring Employee Training
Spring training continues with additional dates rolled out for the month of April. Rockford University faculty, staff, administrators, and third party vendors may register during this training season. Click here to see training dates. Register here for times and details by logging into the RU Portal. All employees are required to complete Title IX/ sex and gender-based training.
Training: Title IX, Equity, and Other Training
Rockford University is committed to creating a learning and working environment in which all members demonstrate civility and respect. In continuance of this commitment, all incoming students must complete Title IX training to better understand how to prevent and report sex discrimination/harassment.
Employees are also required to complete Title IX training (Preventing Sexual Misconduct and Gender-Based Bias). This training will help you recognize and respond to reports of sexual misconduct in accordance with University standards and applicable laws. It will also help you recognize other protections surrounding Title IX. Please see the student section for training specific to students.
To request disability-related accommodations that will facilitate your full participation in this training please contact the Disability Support Services.
Title IX Office will come to your office or department/division to present Title IX information. We commonly present:
- Brief information sessions for Faculty on Title IX, explaining types of sex discrimination, reporting obligations, and resources for students
- Brief information sessions for new students on Title IX
- Brief information sessions for students in transition (embarking on study abroad, internships, etc..)
- Training for graduate assistants, residential assistants, and other student-employees
- Specialty training or presentations tailored to individual needs
- Training about requirements of intersecting laws (e.g., Title VII, Clery, VAWA, Title IX)
To request a presentation please contact the Title IX Office, www.rockford.edu/titleix, (815) 226-2842
Other training and presentations available:
Workshop topics include, but not limited to:
- Sexual assault
- Bystander intervention
- Healthy Relationships
- RU Policy
Online Training: currently Rockford University does not offer online version that would meet requirements of title IX training, but we are currently reviewing options.
If you have suggestions for other on-campus training and presentations, please email EquityTraining@rockford.edu
Return to Compliance and Title IX Office main page