Assistant Technical Director
08/30/2023 3:43 pm
Rockford University invites candidates for the position of Assistant Technical Director. The ATD will be responsible for coordinating and executing all technical aspects and needs of campus community and rental companies who use Clark Arts Center. This full-time position offers a rich benefits package upon hire including medical, dental, vision, matching employer contribution to a 403b and tuition remission for the employee, spouse/partner, and dependents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but not limited to:
- Main contact for all rental companies to discuss their technical requirements and responsible for insuring that all technical and spacial needs are met for each event.
- Main contact for the Forum administrator to contact with technical requirements for Forums, and responsible for insuring that all technical and spacial needs are met for each event.
- Assist students, faculty, and staff as needed throughout the Clark Arts building on a daily
- Schedule work study students and help oversee their daily
- Help direct and supervise students enrolled in the Production class every
- Help ensure that all projects taken on by or assigned to the Performing Arts department are completed on time and with great care.
- Update the archival videos and photos for all main stage and campus
- Keep the scene shop and theater facilities clean, organized and safe for daily
- Update calendar of events in all Performing Arts rooms of Clark Arts Center on the master
- Supervise and help with building shows for the Performing Arts productions.
- Supervise and help with lights and sound for the Performing Arts productions.
- Video tape all PA productions for archival
- Help to organize storage of props, platforms, furniture and flats so they remain easy and safe to
- Problem solve any issues that may arise during the operations of any event in the Clark Arts Center.
- Keep record of materials kept in the Script Library, and note when new materials are
- Keep aware of the materials in the Scene Shop and note when new materials are
- Make sure all 3 PA first aid kits are maintained throughout each
- Create Work orders needed for the Clark Arts
- Painting set pieces when
- Assisting with the Artists’ Ensemble’s productions when
- Other duties as assigned by the Chair.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, professional and dependable
- Organized and able to multitask
- Self-motivated, independent worker, and creative problem solver
- Must be able to work with faculty, staff, students, and patrons from diverse backgrounds with an inclusive mindset
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Practical industry experience required.
- A high technical aptitude.
Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach above head & shoulder, lift from waist and floor, hand grasping and manipulation left & right, hear, & see relatively well. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and climb a ladder.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter indicating compensation requirements, a resume, and a list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
At Rockford University we are committed to the principle of diversity, equity and inclusion as it relates to building a well-rounded workforce and community. We are especially interested in candidates who through their professional experience bring contributions to diversity and excellence in the work they do.