Rockford.edu / News
05/03/2019 1:57 pm
Rockford University invites candidates for the position of Assistant Director for Campus Visit Programs. The successful candidate is responsible for the campus visit experience of prospective students, families, groups, visitors and other external influencers of college choice who visit campus. Specific responsibilities include planning and coordination of all recruitment-related, on-campus admission events and visiting campus groups. In addition this position will assist AVP/VP for Enrollment Management with the development of new on-campus admission events and visit experiences, and partner with the Director of Marketing and Communications to promote campus visit programs and ensure satisfactory attendance goals are met. A rich benefits package is available, upon hire, including tuition remission for employee, spouse/partner and dependents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Develop an annual, comprehensive campus visit schedule that is targeted towards the prospective student and family audience as well as referral sources (guidance counselors, teachers, community groups, etc.).
• Create overall event schedule, plan and reserve campus facility spaces, manage RSVP system, collect and analyze data to assess effectiveness of events and monitor and respond to visitor challenges and customer service issues.
• Include current students, faculty and staff in meaningful, impacting and relevant ways to enhance the overall visit experience.
• Work with faculty members to organize/arrange classroom visits for students and families.
• Work with other campus offices to maximize admissions presence whenever feasible (summer conferences, special group visits by outside groups, etc.)
• Work with student life to organize/arrange overnight visits.
• Recruit, train, manage and assess an effective team of student ambassadors, tour guides and admission office student workers to help meet new student enrollment goals.
• Develop and maintain a tour guide manual.
• Manage the student employment budget for the admission office.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Responsible for inputting data on admissions database in response to visitors, student or educator inquiries and recruitment material requests.
• Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the website relating to campus visit programs.
• Assist the admission office with other related duties.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and management skills essential. High degree of motivation and ability to function within a team approach required.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds.
• Must be a self-starter, and committed to the values of a liberal arts education.
• Must quickly develop high visibility among on-campus constituents, and be able to tactfully but consistently encourage and maintain contributions of a variety of staff, faculty, students and others who comprise the human element of individual or group visits. Development of a high level of trust and eliciting commitments from volunteers to help with visit programs are essential to the success of this position.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures related to job duties.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Use of CRM database programs as well as Microsoft Office.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
• Must be able to work some late nights and occasional weekends
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Preference to candidates with knowledge of higher education student recruitment environment and strategy.
• Prefer three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position, or related experience in another non-profit position.
• Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus.
• Bilingual (Spanish) skills welcome, but not required.
TO APPLY: Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2019 Rockford University, all rights reserved