Assistant or Associate Director of Admission
05/22/2017 2:47 pm
Rockford University invites candidates for Assistant or Associate Director of Admission. Primary responsibilities for this position will be to recruit first year and/or transfer students and to serve as a team lead and mentor in the Admission Department. In addition, this position will develop, coordinate, administer and monitor enrollment related activities of the department. This full-time, exempt position reports to the Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Admission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Work collaboratively with all areas within the University to achieve the University’s overall recruitment and admission goals.
- Meet established goals within assigned recruitment territory.
- Serve as a team lead and mentor in the Admission Department and assist in the development, direction, coordination and monitoring of the Admission Department’s activities to accomplish its goals and objectives with a focus on first-year and transfer recruitment, standards of customer service, relationship development, and continuous improvement of departmental operations..
- Directly supervise the first-year admission team.
- Provide motivation to achieve and maintain a high level of productivity and morale and help create a climate that is proactive by being personally involved in helping the department achieve its recruiting goals.
- In conjunction with the AVP, ensure that objectives, goals, plans, policies, practices and actions produce desired student recruitment results, consistent with the overall mission and strategic plan for Rockford University.
- Develop and monitor reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and operational efficiency.
- Delegate responsibilities of the Admission staff to ensure that policies and procedures are properly discharged at all levels of the department.
- Carry out responsibilities which include the following: planning, assigning, and directing work of others in the department; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Stay informed on industry trends and environmental issues affecting admission and enrollment.
- Handle related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
- Must have a strong work ethic, have high energy and be a committed team player.
- Excellent leadership capabilities with the solid ability to help train and develop Admission Counselors.
- Must have a strong personal presence and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Expert in developing relationships.
- Must have high integrity and solid business acumen.
- Proficiency with Salesforce a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Team lead and mentoring skills
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and personal automobile insurance.
- Must be able to work some late nights and occasional weekends
Distinguishing Characteristics: Position requires: a) team lead with mentoring experience b) academic counseling, career planning, and advisement for potential students; c) visiting middle schools, high schools, and/or colleges to deliver talks and represent the university to potential students; d) coordination of on- and off-site recruitment events, workshops, and/or retreats; e) development and distribution of recruitment and retention resource materials; f) interaction and liaison with external school systems and agencies in the development and maintenance of partnerships.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree desirable
- Minimum of 4 years progressive admission experience (Assistant Director) or 6 years progressive admission experience (Associate Director). Related experience may be considered, but must have previous admission experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.