Rockford.edu / News
04/19/2018 4:41 pm
Rockford University Communications Department is accepting candidates for the position of Advancement Communication Specialist. This position will primarily assist the Communications office, along with other areas of the Institutional Advancement division with a wide variety of public and campus communications, events, web platform management, and general office support. The position requires a detail-orientated individual who has proven skills in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously in a face-paced environment. The candidate will be required to support communication efforts with all audiences of the institution including students, alumni, donors, faculty, staff, trustees, the public, and the media. Attention to detail and ability to plan assignments from conception to completion is necessary. Excellent written, verbal, and technical skills are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Assists in publishing University news including collecting information, determining content, writing copy and taking photos or working to acquire images to support content.
• Assistance with maintenance of media distribution channels.
• Primary oversight and management of the Communication office distribution and media tracking platforms – Merit and Meltwater.
• Assist in identifying, researching and writing feature articles and stories that help illustrate the successful work of the university by providing assistance in writing, editing and placing news releases.
• Assist with content for the University publication Catalyst magazine and Annual Report.
• Assist with gathering assets for digital content.
• Manage and distribute weekly and biweekly online on-line communications to campus via e-newsletters Regent Weekly and mid-week updates.
• Assist with daily management of the university’s primary social media channels.
• Assist with event planning for alumni gatherings, press conferences, special events, etc.
• Manage registration for alumni events or other institutional events
• Daily management within the web-based platform for both internal and external sites – serve as an expert resource for campus wide development/maintenance/monitoring – specifically providing oversight and expertise for all internal pages on my.rockford.edu.
• General project management as required.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience with emphasis in communications, public relations, and writing.
• Strong ability to interpret and process written and verbal communication for public distribution
• Solid working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products and Internet Content Management logic
• General understandings of website content management.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Suite software – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
• Social media experience including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
• Friendly, customer service orientated and outgoing personality comfortable in problem solving and finding resolutions.
• Understanding of publication layout concepts and desktop publishing software a plus.
• Able to work on multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Comfortable interacting with people from all areas of the campus including Executive Council, Trustees, students, faculty, staff, alumni, and donors.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter including salary requirement, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2018 Rockford University, all rights reserved