Guidance Counselors and Admission Staff alike strive to provide the support necessary to ease the transition from high school to a university. Providing information on the vast amount of opportunities is part of the process.
Below is a helpful resource about Rockford University to assist you as you serve and change the lives of students.
- Enrollment: 945 full-time undergraduates (1298 total students)
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 11:1
- Admission requirements:
- First-year students: 2.65 GPA, 19 ACT or equivalent SAT, top ½ graduating class
- Transfer students (12 credits or more of 100-level college courses): 2.3 GPA
- If academic records fall below standard, a student may be allowed to petition for admission.
- Majors and minors: Learn more about our over 80 majors, minors and programs! Popular programs include: Education, Nursing, Pre-Med, Business, Psychology and Performing Arts.
- Tuition and fees: $29,920 (tuition), $8,420 (room and board), $130 (student activity fee). More info >>
- Academic Calendar
- Athletic Division: NCAA Division III; Northern Athletics Conference. More info >>
- Distinctions: Rockford University is a Princeton Review “Best in the Midwest” university, a “College with a Conscience,” and a Phi Beta Kappa institution. More info >>
We openly invite and encourage students and families to schedule a visit to learn more about Rockford University. We also offer appointments with an admission counselor and tours Monday-Saturday – give us a call at 815.226.4050 to schedule a visit!
High School Visits
We would love to have groups from your school visit us and experience Rockford University. In addition, Rockford University is pleased to visit your high school and provide financial aid presentations or classroom visits (either an admission counselor or Rockford University faculty member). Please contact Cassie Hartje at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set up a group visit to campus or a program at your school. We cap group visits to campus at 40 students and are able to accommodate 9th-12th graders.
Refer a student
Simply e-mail email@example.com and provide a prospective student’s full name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address, and we will send information directly to him/her.
Start the process with these first steps:
- Complete an application – students can apply online for FREE
- Submit official transcripts; transfer students should submit official transcripts from each institution attended
- Submit ACT or SAT scores (first-year students)–ACT Code: 1122; SAT Code: 1665
- Learn more >>
We award financial aid to 99% of our full-time students. Every year, Rockford University students receive more than $10 million in scholarships, grants, and other financial aid. We believe an education should be affordable. Through our scholarships, grants, and other financial aid, we work individually with prospective students and their families to determine the most beneficial financial aid package for them.
Clubs and Organizations
Rockford University offers a variety clubs and organizations to fit just about any interest. Students can also start their own clubs. Movies, concerts, athletics, intramurals and more are offered year-round, along with traditional events such as Homecoming and Family Weekend. The Jane Addams Center for Civic Engagement provides outlets for service-oriented experiences, and students can become service fellows and earn scholarships while making a difference.
Rockford University is an NCAA Division III competitor and participates in the NACC conference.
Office of Admission
Nelson Hall--2nd floor
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Office of Admission
Mon-Thurs - 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
Fri - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Sat - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm -- Please call to reserve an appointment on Saturdays.