10/11/2023 3:59 pm
Reporting to the Director of First Year Admission, the Admission Counselor will be responsible for successfully recruiting and enrolling students to Rockford University. To achieve these goals, the incumbent will review applications for undergraduate admission, conduct recruitment travel, as well as advise and counsel prospective students, guidance counselors, and other constituencies regarding the admission process and academic programs. The incumbent will be responsible for meeting individual and team enrollment goals. Some nights and weekends are required.
At Rockford University we are committed to the principle of diversity, equity, and inclusion as it relates to building a well-rounded workforce and community. We are especially interested in candidates who through their professional experience bring contributions to diversity and excellence in the work they do.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manages a recruitment territory by conducting recruitment travel, promoting Rockford University through multiple communication channels, reviewing applications for admission, and meeting enrollment targets.
- Analyzes qualifications of prospective students utilizing established University admissions standards, guidelines, and criteria.
- Communicates on the phone, via e-mail, and in person with prospective students, applicants, parents, guidance counselors and others to provide information and answer questions about Rockford University.
- Visits middle schools, high schools, and colleges. Speaks to groups and individual students and meets with guidance counselors to promote the University. Assists in executing recruitment events; conducts visits with prospective students and parents.
- Serves as a liaison to develop partnerships between the university and high schools/community colleges throughout the state and country.
- Contributes to and distributes resource materials for student recruitment programs; analyzes trends in recruitment territory.
- Coordinate and carry out one or more specialized admission functions, such as serving as athletic liaison, handling applications from nontraditional students (transfers, continuing education, etc.), and the like.
- Completes routine reports related to recruitment and enrollment.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, personal auto insurance and meet RU insurance eligibility standards
- Must be able to work some late nights and occasional weekends
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prefer 1 to 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.