ESL Instructor, part-time
06/18/2018 4:59 pm
Rockford University invites applicants for the position of ESL Instructor. The successful candidate will be teaching students in Levels 1 to 5 the following courses: Grammar, Listening/ Speaking, Reading/ Writing and Academic Preparation. Position is approximately 22 hours per week. The successful candidate qualifies for a tuition remission benefit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ESL course instruction at various proficiency levels, in knowledge areas and in different skill sets.
- Prepare lesson plans for classes.
- Deliver lectures and facilitate interactive classes on the various subject matter areas and assist students in the learning process.
- Evaluate and monitor students’ progress.
- Maintain records to report attendance
- Attend in-service meetings and ongoing professional development activities
- Assist the Director with program needs in areas including orientation, placement/exit testing, textbook and material needs, co/extra-curricular activities
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/ or Experience:
- A minimum of two years of teaching ESL full-time or equivalent, including experience developing curriculum and training materials.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and/ or certification in ESOL, TESOL, Linguistics, or teaching a foreign language.
- Experience learning a foreign language.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, list of references and a resume/ Curriculum Vitae to: HumanResources@rockford.edu