PROGRAMS OF STUDY
The Department of Kinesiology offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science Degrees with an emphasis in Exercise Science, Teaching, or Sport Management. We also offer minors in Coaching, Exercise Science, Health, and Sport Management. The program of study is focused on the art and science of human movement and sport, which includes these elements:
- Activities which are part of the human lifestyle and are intertwined with our cultural heritage that help students acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to teach movement activities to future students.
- Insights which enrich and expand students’ understanding of the anatomical, biomechanical, developmental, historical, pedagogical, philosophical, physiological, psychological, and sociological aspects of motor performance.
- Systematic study of teaching and learning theory, accompanied by supervised clinical and practicum experiences where concepts can be applied directly in a classroom or management setting.
- Professional administrative skills necessary to conduct game tournaments at a variety of levels, provide organization to professional and amateur sport teams, obtain necessary skills to hire and supervise recreation employees, and support programming for all recreational levels of ability.
Major and Tracks/Concentrations:
- Kinesiology (B.A., B.S.) — concentrations in Exercise Science, Health Education, Illinois Licensure (Physical Education), Sport Management
- Exercise Science
- Physical Education
- Sport Management