Monday, August 18, 2014
Posted by: Human Resources
This is a three-quarter time Lab Supervisor position for the Department of Chemical and Biological Sciences. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining the stockrooms and laboratories of the department.
- Provide assistance so faculty may work more effectively with undergraduate students in research and internships.
- Ensure all stockrooms and laboratories are well maintained, organized and safe places to work.
- Assist in the continuation of our ACS accreditation (American Chemical Society)
- Supervise and provide training for student laboratory assistants
- Perform and document safety inspections.
- Oversee the stockrooms, prepare laboratories for use, prepare equipment, reagents, and unknowns needed for laboratory experiments.
- Maintain inventory, order needed supplies and equipment
- Assist in the tracking of departmental expenses
- Assist in the maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Assist in the proper disposal of chemical waste
- Perform other appropriate duties as determined by the department
Qualifications: Minimum Level 5: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, resume and list of references to:
Nichole Hoey, Human Resources