New Alternative Route to Secondary Teacher Certification Program
Monday, March 14, 2011
Offered at Rockford College
For immediate release – 3/10/11
Contact: Graduate Studies office, 815-226-4040
Rockford, Ill. – An informational meeting about the new Alternative Route to Secondary Teacher Certification Program at Rockford College will take place at Rockford College’s 5100 E. State St. location in Room 122 on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 2 p.m. Courses will begin April 16, 2011.
The program makes it possible for individuals from a variety of backgrounds and careers to enter the teaching profession and receive a Master of Arts in Education by providing an Alternative Route to Secondary Teacher Certification in Mathematics, Chemistry, or Biology.
It may be possible for candidates to earn a secondary teaching certificate in as little as 16 months while working in a partner school district as a provisionally certified classroom teacher if the following program requirements are met:
The program is fully approved by the Illinois State Board of Education to prepare candidates for the Illinois Type 09 Teacher Certificate. For more information call the Graduate Studies office at 815-226-4040 or email MMcReynolds@rockford.edu.
- possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college of institution,
- have five years of professional experience since earning your degree,
- have seen success working with young people in your community (e.g. church groups, youth sports, scouting, etc.),
- are committed to entering the teaching profession, and
- are selected as a candidate for the Alternative Certification program.
To learn more about the program or for information about the Master of Arts in Education admission requirements visit: http://www.rockford.edu/?MAT.
# # #