Thursday, May 01, 2014
Posted by: Human Resources
Job Title: Undergraduate Admission Assistant
Reports To: Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Admission
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The reports to the Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Admission and is responsible for providing general administrative support for the Office of Undergraduate Admission and the admission counselor staff. This position also provides support as needed to the Office of Student Success and Retention Some evenings and weekends are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides clerical and administrative assistance to the Office of Undergraduate Admission and its related activities, including data entry and assistance with on-campus admission events.
- Provides clerical and administrative assistance for the admission counselor staff, including making telephone calls, updating databases and performing written correspondence.
- Helps to prepare confidential correspondence and reports.
- Acts as a custodian of student and college documents and records.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality in student record keeping.
- Maintains open lines of communication between students, faculty/staff and all other departments.
- Assists the AVP for Undergraduate Admission as necessary.
- Assists the Office of Student Success and Retention as needed.
- Responds to other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Data entry skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office adn databases.
- Must be able to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Secretarial or clerical skill is required.
- At least one year of previous experience in a college setting or human resources is preferred.
The physical and mental demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time.
Employees work in a professional office environment that is highly visible to members and the college community. Normal office conditions prevail. Office work is performed primarily indoors. Employees must be able to work in an office with moderate noise.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, resume and list of three references to :
Nichole Hoey, HR Specialist