Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Posted by: Human Resources
Position: Graduate Assistant
- To foster, mold, guide, lead and direct student athletes towards a quality educational experience in order to obtain the ultimate goal of a degree.
- To assist in developing a successful athletic department.
- Position runs from 8/1/13 to 7/31/14
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Individual student athlete meetings
- Weekly study table sessions
- Set up individual tutoring and learning sessions through the usage of Rockford College programs.
- Classroom attendance and grade checks
- Strength and conditioning supervision
- Coordination of special departmental projects
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must be admitted into the MAT or MBA program
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be willing to take initiative and work hard
The physical and mental demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successsfully perform the essential job functions of an assistant in athletics. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls, and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop and kneel. The incumbent may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email letter of interest, resume and references to:
Nichole Hoey, Human Resources