Thursday, October 02, 2014
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Admission, the Admission Counselor will be responsible for successfully recruiting and enrolling students transferring to Rockford University. To achieve these goals, the incumbent will review applications for undergraduate admission, conduct recruitment travel, as well as advise and counsel prospective students, transfer coordinators, and other constituencies regarding the admission process and academic programs. The incumbent will be responsible for meeting individual and team enrollment goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Participates in the development of student recruitment plans, strategies, and written materials.
- Analyzes qualifications of prospective students utilizing established University admissions standards, guidelines and criteria.
- Communicates on the phone, via e-mail, and in person with prospective students, applicants, parents, transfer coordinators and others to provide information and answer questions about Rockford University.
- Visits middle schools, high schools, and colleges. Speaks to groups and individual students, and meets with transfer coordinators to promote the University. Assists in coordinating recruitment events; arranges visits from prospective students and parents.
- Serves as a liaison to develop partnerships between the university and community colleges throughout the state.
- Creates and distributes resource materials for student recruitment programs; analyzes trends in recruitment.
- Prepares reports and proposals.
- Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the department; recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree required
· Prefer 1 to 3 years sales experience
· Bilingual Spanish skills a plus
· Must be comfortable with public speaking
· Must have a valid drivers license
· Must be able to work nights and weekends
· Position requires overnight travel
HOW TO APPLY:
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Materials submitted for all positions should include a cover letter detailing salary requirements, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to:
Nichole Hoey, HR Specialist
Application materials that do not include all of this information will not be considered.