Monday, August 05, 2013
Under general supervision, establishes and administers programs for targeting, recruitment, and retention of students. This employee helps to develop programs and marketing materials. Visits schools and makes presentations to groups and individuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Participates in the development of student recruitment and retention plans, strategies, and written materials.
- Visits middle schools, high schools, and colleges. Speaks to groups and individual students, and meets with school counselors to promote outreach activities; coordinates community workshops and retreats; arranges visits from prospective students and parents.
- Serves as a liaison to develop partnerships between the college and local school systems throughout the state.
- Creates a database of prospective and current students and/or potential degree candidates in the state.
- Creates and distributes resource materials for student recruitment and retention programs; analyzes trends in recruitment and retention programs; develops strategies for program evaluation.
- Prepares reports and proposals, and responds to inquiries from students.
- Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the department; recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations.
- Has responsibility for at least one special assignment as determined by the AVP.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be able to work some late nights and occasional weekends
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Prefer 1 to 3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
· Bilingual Spanish skills a plus
· Professional experience in social media a plus
HOW to APPLY:
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Materials submitted for all positions should include a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to:
Nichole Hoey, HR Specialist
Application materials that do not include all of this information will not be considered.