Residence Hall Director
Monday, October 06, 2014
Residence Hall Director
The Residence Life Department of Rockford Univeristy is seeking applications for a full-time Residence Hall Director. The ideal candidate will have previous work experience in Residence Life, demonstrate initiative, have a proven ability to work independently, and exhibit both an understanding and dedication to student development.
The Residence Hall Director is one of two full-time, live-on Residence Life professionals at Rockford University. S/he is a member of the Student Life team, works in coordination with other members of the Residence Life staff, and reports directly to the Director of Residence Life/Assistant Dean of Students. S/he is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the various programs and services that fall under the banner of Residence Life and that are representative of the mission of Rockford University. The position requires seasoned judgment to provide direction and support in the form of advisement of the Resident Assistant staff and their programs, execution of crisis management and policy enforcement, and building maintenance. The Residence Hall Director utilizes student development theory and strategies to provide an environment in the residence halls that enhances academic, personal, and social development in the residents.
- Sincere interest in working in residence life.
- Insidividual who operates with great autonomy, receiving limited direction from the Assistant Dean of Students/ Director of Residence Life.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to engage student staff to create a living-learning environment on campus.
- Understanding of small university dynamics in relation to Residence Life.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with conflict mediation.
- Seasoned knowledge of student development theory and student learning, Rockford Univeristy policies and procedures, and practice excellent judgment.
- Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree preferred
- 2 years of residence hall experience as a leader
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a letter of interest, including salary requirements, resume, and the names and contact information for three references to Nichole Hoey, Human Resources at email@example.com.