Wednesday, December 05, 2012
Posted by: Human Resources
Placement Director Position
Primary Category: Staff
Type of Position: Part-time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred
Summary: Secure clinical experiences and student teaching positions for students enrolled in teacher preparation programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain working relationship with administrators and personnel in area school districts and agencies in order to arrange student placements to fulfill observation and teaching requirements.
· Coordinate student placements in schools and agencies to ensure appropriate clinical experiences that match education course requirements.
· Attend Education Unit meetings as necessary to maintain up-to-date knowledge of course requirements and student placement needs.
· Maintain and distribute required placement documents to faculty and school district personnel.
· Act as liaison for faculty and cooperating teachers in field to insure productive and appropriate clinical experiences for students.
· Assist faculty with resolving placement issues or student concerns.
· Evidence of strong verbal and written communication skills
· Teaching experience preferred
· Understanding of diverse populations
Physical Demands: No distinguishing requirements
· Professional environment
· Must be able to attend meetings and events outside normal working hours
How to Apply/Contact:
Applicants should send a letter of application, resume and three letters of recommendation to Professor Jean Harezlak, Unit Head and Chair, Education Department, Rockford College, 5050 East State Street, Rockford, IL 61108 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.