Home > Current Students > Student Success and Retention
||We’re here to help you.|
The Office of Student Success and Retention is committed to helping all students realize their academic and professional goals.
Additional Campus Resources
Student Success / Retention Initiatives
- Meet with students who are conditionally enrolled to provide connections with resources available on campus and assist in their academic progress and transition to Rockford College.
- Meet with students who have experienced difficulties in their academic work to assist in their academic progress and continued successful throughout the semester/year.
Student Success/Retention Programs
Orientation at Rockford College is about "Making Connections.” We believe the orientation programs you attend will be the foundation of your success both in and out of the classroom.
Orientation at Rockford College is about:
- Meeting new students and making new friends
- Getting to know your first-year advisor
- Having fun with your orientation leaders
- Learning about academic expectations
- Becoming familiar with campus
- Learning about the services and resources available
The Mentor Program is a continuation of Orientation throughout the academic year. At Rockford College we feel it is important that we focus on the personal and social development of our new students to enhance their first-year experience.
All new First-Year Students are assigned to 1 of 11 First-Year Advisors, according to majors. The First-Year Advisors are joined by 11 Student Mentors and 11 Student Life Advocates and together they are our Leadership Team for the Mentor Groups.
RC Mentor Connections is designed to increase a student’s:
Meet the RC Mentor Connection Team
- Sense of belonging
- Overall (positive) feelings about their college experience
- Knowledge of academic resources available
- Faculty/staff interaction outside of the classroom
- Persistence through graduation at Rockford College
For more information about Student Success and Retention contact:
Rebecca A. Factor
Director of Student Success and Retention
Office of Student Success and Retention
Burpee Center, first floor
5050 E. State St.
Rockford, IL 61108