Home > Orientation > FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Orientation?
Orientation is a program designed to help all new students make a smooth transition to our campus. We believe orientation programs are the foundation for your success both in and out of the classroom.
During Orientation you will:
Is Orientation mandatory?
- Learn about academic expectations, including the knowledge, skills and values that contribute to your success at Rockford University
- Learn valuable Technology Survival Skills
- Connect with other new students and develop new friendships
- Have fun!
First-year students and transfer students with less than 30 credit hours
to attend all Orientation events.
View the complete schedule of Fall 2013 Orientation
Orientation is not mandatory for transfer students with over 30 credit hours, but we strongly encourage attendance. We recognize the unique needs of Transfer students and have designed a program that meets their needs. Additionally, transfer students are invited to participate in any or all of the Orientation activities planned for the following dates: Saturday, August 17th
through Tuesday, August 20th.
- When is Orientation?
Orientation for students with less than 30 credit hours will be held Saturday, August 17th through Tuesday, August 20th, with activities and events planned from morning until evening throughout Orientation.
Transfer Orientation for students with over 30 credit hours is scheduled for Wednesday, August 14th. Check-in begins at 4:00 pm; Pre-Orientation Sessions are scheduled from 4:30 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.; A light meal will be served from 5:30 p.m. – 6:25 p.m.; the Orientation program will be held from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- How do I register for Orientation?
Students may register one of two ways. You may register online by clicking on the following links:
- New Students - less than 30 credit hours
- Transfer Students - over 30 credit hours
- To register by phone, please contact the Jane Addams Center for Civic Engagement (815-394-5143).
- Does Orientation cost anything?
No, there is no cost for any of the Orientation activities.
- Where do I get my student ID?
All students will receive their student IDs at Orientation Check-in. If you do not receive your ID at check-in, please visit Student Administrative Services (SAS), located on the first floor of Burpee during regular business hours in the first week of class.
- When is move-in day?
If you plan to live on campus and you must check in on Saturday, August 17th from 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Fall resident athletes will be notified by their coaches as to move-in day.
If you have further questions, please contact Residence Life at 815-394-5028 or Jonathan Milton at 815-226-4094.
- Your Name
- Permanent Address
- City, State, Zip
- License Plate #
- License Plate State of Issuance
- Vehicle Make
- Vehicle Model
- Vehicle Color
- Vehicle Owner
- Insurance Company
- Your status – Resident or Commuter?
- Your Phone Number
- Campus Address, if applicable