Since the MBA's program's inception in 1981, over 400 people from a wide variety of professions and organizations have graduated from it. The MBA at Rockford University has continued to grow and prosper as it serves Rockford and the surrounding communities.The MBA at Rockford University is designed for virtually anyone holding a 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited institution. No particular academic background is required. The degree program consists of 12 three-hour classes (nine required and three electives), plus up to five prerequisites.Program PhilosophyThe philosophy of the MBA at Rockford University was determined after assessing the needs of the business community and evaluating how the program would best fit into the educational goals of Rockford University. The MBA program seeks to develop general managerial effectiveness for the person in, or aspiring to, middle or upper management in either a for-profit or not-for-profit organization.* The program covers a variety of functional areas such as accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing. The MBA at Rockford University has a balanced, application skill-based program, which emphasizes development of management competencies, with special emphasis on oral and written communication skills instead of being highly theoretical.AccreditationThe MBA at Rockford University is nationally accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). The University is accredited through several organizations...See a full listing.
INTERNATIONAL ASSEMBLY FOR COLLEGIATE BUSINESS EDUCATION
P.O. Box 3960
Olathe, KS 66063
* Rockford University recognizes that local not-for-profits are invaluable in spurring community growth and development. While many for-profit organizations in the area do offer tuition assistance to their employees, most not-for-profits are unable to offer the same advantage. So, the MBA program at Rockford University offers a tuition discount for public and not-for-profit employees serving the Rock River Valley.
- Small, intimate classes (average 15 students per class).
- Tuition deferment available with employer reimbursement.
- Tuition discount for employees of public or not-for-profit organizations.
- Flexibility to enroll in up to three required, non-prerequisite courses, before applying to the program.
Note: you are not eligible for financial aid unless you are admitted to the
- Nationally and regionally accredited program.
- Advising, registration, and admission all conducted in Rockford .
- Cost competitive with area programs.
- Faculty with current practical experience in the subjects they teach.
- Quality students with business experiences enhance classroom interaction.
- Course work incorporates practical applications designed for current work situations.
- Classes designed to help students improve management skills.
- Course work collaboratively tailored to the class by faculty and students.
- One-on-one tutorials available.
- Oldest continuously operating MBA program in the Rockford area.
- Up-to-date classroom facilities designed to meet the needs of graduate students.
- An image in the community of a quality, strong, and educationally sound program.
- An advisory council of prominent business and organizational professionals who provide guidance and input for the program.
- An entire campus and its facilities available.