Lang Center Frequently Asked Questions
Home > Resources > Lang Center for Health, Wellness, and Counseling > FAQs

Who is eligible to receive services from Lang Health Center?
All students, faculty and staff may use the Health Center.

Do I need to make an appointment to receive services?
Lang Health Center is a nurse directed facility under the medical direction of Dr. Jamil Hussain. The health center operates as a walk-in clinic and is open Monday through Friday 10 a.m.--4 p.m. (T, W, Th 10 a.m.--2 p.m. during the summer) for nursing assessments, treatment and referrals.

Appointments are required for counseling services and can be made via phone, e-mail or in person at the health center. Appointments should be scheduled for matters such as medical incompletes and withdrawals, meal plan exemptions, physician appointments, and medical disability accommodations.

Is there a physician on staff at the health center?
Dr. Jamil Hussain is available to see students on Tuesday afternoons by appointment for physical exams and assessment/ treatment of illness or injury. All visits are by appointment only and require a prior assessment and referral by Lang Health Center nurses. If students are insured under the Rockford University student health plan, the health center staff will process your visit. If your health insurance is through any other carrier, your student account will be billed for the visit and the insurance claim form will be mailed to you so that you can forward it to your insurance company to receive your reimbursement.

Where is Lang Health Center located?
Lang Health Center is located across from Colman Library and next to Cummings Complex.

View map for further assistance

What do I do in case of injury/illness after hours or in case of an emergency?
Students are encouraged to visit the health center during normal operating hours for an assessment and/or referral if they are feeling ill. If injury or illness occurs after hours, there are several local options available.

View resources for after hour care

When receiving services at any outside facility, please remember to take your insurance card!

Will other students, faculty, staff or my parents find out that I am receiving services at Lang Health Center?
All information and visits are CONFIDENTIAL. Information cannot be released or exchanged without written consent. Confidentiality may be waived only for instances in which an individual is a danger to oneself or others. All staff must report suspected child abuse/neglect in accordance with the Mandated Reporter Act.

Are immunizations available at Lang Health Center?
Lang Health Center has the following immunizations available for students:
  • MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) booster $50.00 each
  • Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, Acellular Pertussis) booster $40.00
  • TB skin test $10.00
  • 2 Step Tb skin test $15.00
  • Seasonal Flu $12.00
What forms does Lang Health Center require?
Lang Health Center requires students to have a personal health history, physical exam completed within the past year, immunization form, and online insurance waiver or enrollment form. The physical exam and immunization form must be completed and signed by a physician.

View health requirements

What should I do if I am sick and must miss class?
All students should be aware of the attendance policy for each of their classes. The student is responsible for contacting the professor regarding the missed class(es) and any work that is missed.

Lang Health Center will contact instructors to inform them of a student's illness if the student is seen at the health center and is determined to be too ill to attend class, OR if Lang Health Center receives medical documentation from a physician regarding the illness or injury. Final decisions regarding missed classes and work are at the discretion of the individual instructor.

Which doctors are covered under the Rockford University Student Health insurance plan, and do I have health care coverage when I am away from campus?
Students insured under the Rockford University student health insurance plan are insured for each academic year (August through August). The insurance covers all areas of the United States, and students may use any doctor or hospital that they choose. Please see student insurance brochure for details of coverage and limitations of coverage.

Visit Student Assurance Services at

Students planning on studying abroad will be required to obtain additional coverage that covers international travel. Please call Lang Health Center for information at 815-226-4083.

What does it mean if I have a "hold” on my account?
Illinois State Law and Lang Health Center require proof of immunizations.

View health requirements
View immunization policy

Students who fail to turn in immunization records will have a Health Center Hold applied to their student account which prevents the student from registering for their classes. Deadline information for immunization records is available at Lang Health Center. Walk-in, call 815-226-4083 or email for more details.
Community Search
Calendar of Events

Student Music Recital

EDP: Seminar #6 - Conflict Management and Resolution

NICNE Customer Service Workshop

FORUM: Sports Management Symposium

Latest News