Firearms in the Workplace -
The impact of Illinois' Concealed Carry Law:
A seminar for employers.
The presence of concealed firearms in your workplace or business presents a host of safety concerns and potential liabilities, but you may be surprised to learn what rights you may or may not have as an employer.
- General Overview of the Law (includes defining who must prohibit, who can choose to prohibit, and who may/may not be able to prohibit)
- Employer Policy Considerations
- Signage Requirements
- Methods for Risk Avoidance, Prevention, & Reduction
- Methods for Risk Transfer (insurance and its exclusions)
- General Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Workers Compensation
- And More!
Expert presenters Christopher M. Breck (Senior Vice President, Alper Services LLC) and Robert T. Bernstein (Partner, Laner Muchin, Ltd.) will review potential insurance coverage issues, potential damage to your business reputation, as well as possible impacts on your HR policies, postings, and procedures.
Date: Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Time: 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Location: Grace Roper Lounge, 1st Floor Burpee Center, Rockford University. 5050 E. State Street, Rockford, IL 61108
Please register by April 9 by mailing or faxing in the registration form.
View and download Full Program Brochure.
For more information, please contact Karen Ream at email@example.com or 815.394.4384.
Return to NICNE homepage.