Federal Grant Proposals
First Steps to Working with Federal Programs
This workshop will provide participants with an understanding of how the federal grant system works and what steps to take to apply for a federal grant.
- Using grants.gov and the services provided there
- Signing up for the System for Awards Management (SAM)
- Acquiring a Dunn's Number for your organization
- Researching federal grants and major sites including:
- Office of Faith-based & Neighborhood Partnerships
- National Science Foundation
- Department of Education
- HUD Grants
- Developing your concept and preparation in advance of grant announcements
- Tips for improving your success with federal grants
Workshop Instructor David Buchen is the grant coordinator at Rock Valley College and has over 20 years experience in writing and developing grant proposals for education and nonprofit organizations. During the past 7 years he has been a grant reviewer for both state and federal agencies. Mr. Buchen's unique experiences will provide participants with the opportunity to learn important lessons in how to be successful in their grant writing projects.
DATE: Thursday, December 5, 2013
TIME: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
LOCATION: Room 114 in the 5100 Building (1st building on your right immediately off State Street), Rockford University, 5050 E. State Street, Rockford, IL 61108
Register by Wednesday, November 27 by mailing or faxing in registration form.
View full brochure and registration form.
Return to NICNE home page.