The health requirements for all students attending Rockford University are explained below. Please review this document for a snapshot of the important student requirements.
Personal Health History
The information provided on this form gives the staff of the health center an overview of your current health status as well as your past medical history. This information assists the heath center staff in providing the best possible health care to you.
Like the personal health history form, a physical exam provides the health center with information regarding your current physical health status. This information provides a baseline for the health center staff to work from in meeting your health care needs. The physical exam also indicates that your physician has cleared you to participate in activity and physical education classes.
All students must have a TB test within one year of admission.
Illinois State Law requires that all students taking 6 or more credit hours provide immunization records that indicate immunity to the communicable disease of Diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, measles, mumps and rubella. Learn more >>
Additional Requirements for International Students
- International students are required to provide dates of any combination of three or more doses of Diptheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTP or DTaP), pediatric Diptheria and Tetanus (DT) or adult Tetanus and Diptheria (Td) vaccine, with the most recent dose having been received within 10 years prior to the term of current enrollment.
Additional Requirements for Nursing Students
- Hepatitis B: a series of 3 injections given at 0, 1, and 5 month intervals respectively. Note: The hepatitis B series can be given on an accelerated schedule if necessary (0, 1, and 3 month interval). Please contact Lang Health Center for details and scheduling.
- Hepatitis B titre: a blood test that shows immunity to Hepatitis B.
- 2 step TB skin test: The first TB skin test is administered and then read 48-72 hours later. A second test is administered 1-3 weeks later following the same procedure. Once the nursing student has completed a 2-step TB skin test they must then receive a TB skin test annually thereafter.
- Varicella Titre: a blood test showing immunity to chicken pox (varicella) or proof of 2 varicella vaccinations.
- Copy of Insurance Card: nursing students are required to have current health care professional CPR/AED certification. A current copy of the card is to be on file at Lang Health Center.
Additional Requirements for Student-Athletes
- All students who wish to participate in athletics at Rockford University must complete the required medical and insurance forms prior to participation in their chosen sport. These forms are separate from the medical and immunization forms necessary to attend the University. Athletes must mail, fax, or take a copy of their immunizations and insurance waivers to Lang Center for Health, Wellness, Counseling and Disability Services. All required paperwork must be received prior to athletic participation.
- All student-athletes must have a physical exam every year. The sports physical exam is acceptable as a substitute for the general physical exam required by Rockford University for admission. For your convenience, Rockford University’s team physicians Dr. Scott Trenhaile, Dr. Ryan Enke and Physician Assistant Michael Gilbertson of Rockford Orthopedic Associates, Inc. complete the required sports physicals for incoming students prior to the first day of participation. All returning athletes have the opportunity to meet with our team physicians during the spring semester and have the physical exam for the upcoming season. By following this schedule, our sports medicine staff can focus on our new, incoming athletes during fall physicals.
- All Rockford University Students are required to have health insurance. Student-athletes must turn in verification of their health insurance by completing the on-line waiver or enrollment and provide a copy of their insurance card to the athletic trainer prior to any athletic participation.
- For any other questions, please contact your coach or the Athletic Training office.