The following clinical requirements must be completed by January 1 (Spring entrance) or August 1 (Fall entrance) for Basic BSN students:
- Health examination.
- Immunizations required: Measles, rubella, mumps, diphtheria, flu vaccination and tetanus (within last 10 years).
- CPR for the Health Professional which must be renewed biennially.
- Hepatitis B immunization (three injection series) with reactive titer (30-60 days after series is completed). Completion of immunization series and titer takes a minimum of six (6) months.
- An initial 2-step Mantoux TB skin test. Yearly re-tests by means of a single TB skin test is required after the initial 2-step Mantoux. Persons with a positive reaction to TB skin test must complete a yearly questionnaire at Lang Health Center.
- Proof of immunity to chicken pox by:
- a signed statement of chicken pox disease history date (form available at Lang Heath Center) OR
- have laboratory (serological) evidence of chicken pox immunity OR
- received the appropriate number of doses of varicella vaccine as follows:
- If the student never had chicken pox and knows never had chicken pox, 2 vaccines are required.
- If the student thinks maybe had chicken pox but not sure a titer should be drawn and if equivocal, one vaccine is given
- If the student thinks maybe had chicken pox but not sure a titer will be drawn and if negative will be required to have two vaccines
- The student does have the option of having a titer drawn after one injection and if the titer is not high enough an additional injection must be given.
It is the student’s responsibility to maintain immunization and CPR certification compliance. A student who is found to be out of compliance will be removed from clinical until the student has remediated the situation. If the student exceeds the allowed clinical absence as noted in the course syllabus, the student may be administratively withdrawn from the course.