Home > Graduate Studies > Master of Arts in Teaching
Teachers transform lives in their classrooms. We help them do so.
Our certifications, endorsements, and Master of Arts in Teaching degree tracks will strengthen your career or prepare you for a rewarding future in education — whether you are already in the teaching field, new to teaching, or dreaming of becoming a teacher.
View our student testimonial video >>
- Earn initial or subsequent certifications in Early Childhood, Elementary, K–12, Secondary, or Special Education
- Earn your Master of Arts in Teaching degree in the following tracks: Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary, K–12, Special Education, or Reading
- As a certified teacher, earn your master’s in Instructional Strategies or advanced certification as a Reading Specialist
- Earn endorsements in ESL/Bilingual, Learning Behavior Specialist I, Middle School, and Reading Teacher
Our programming is unique, flexible and accelerated!
- Design a plan tailored to your passion
- Finish your certification in 12–24 months
- Small class sizes with individual attention
- Traditional campus setting with night classes for working adults
- Competitive tuition and options for payment — take up to 4 courses before formally enrolling in a program
- Dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and staff to help you every step of the way
- Only MAT program of its kind in the region
- Come with any undergraduate degree and earn a teaching degree
- Since 2000, 22 of our alumni have been honored with Golden Apple Awards and 2 alumnae have been recognized as Illinois Teachers of the Year
To learn more, please contact:
Office of Graduate Studies
5050 E. State Street,
Rockford, IL 61108
(View our Campus Map)
Times of Operation: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: 5100 Building
The Early Childhood Education program is
ideal for a career as a public/private school teacher, an
administrator, as a Head Start teacher, child development professional
or family specialist, and any student looking for a rewarding career
within the early education field. Both
undergraduate and graduate students will receive early childhood
special education approval upon completion of the early childhood
Check out this video!
Read more about the Early Childhood Education Program!
Click here for the Application for Graduation
Have you heard? Rockford University now offers one of Illinois' newest reading specialist programs! Find out more information.
Graduation paperwork is due the semester before you graduate. If you have not received the paperwork, or would like to check to make sure they have been received, call the Graduate Studies Office at 815-226-4040. If the graduation paperwork is not in, you may not be allowed to graduate and will have to wait until the next semester.
Click here for the Application for Candidacy
Both forms required in order to graduate.