Athletic Requirements
Home > Resources > Lang Center for Health, Wellness, and Counseling > Athletic Requirements

Welcome to Rockford University Athletics!  We are happy to have you join the Regents. Our Athletics Mission is to prepare students for a life of leadership and service through the pursuit of excellence in academics and athletics.

Before the fun begins, there are a few forms that must be completed and turned in to the Lang Health Center and the Athletic Trainer. There are a few other things you should know as well, such as, what happens if you do get injured and how is it handled at Rockford University.

Athletic Requirements
All students who wish to participate in athletics at Rockford University must complete the required medical and insurance forms prior to participation in their chosen sport. These forms are separate from the medical and immunization forms necessary to attend this university. Athletes must mail, fax, or take a copy of their immunizations and insurance waivers to Lang Center for Health, Wellness, Counseling and Disability Services (Lang's Fax: 815-226-3335).

Annual Physical Exam
All student-athletes must have a physical exam every year prior to their season in order to be medically cleared for participation. The sports physical is acceptable as a substitute for the general physical exam required by Rockford University. For your convenience, Rockford University hosts Sportlink, Inc., an outside agency to provide physicals on campus preceding the start of the school year.

For any other questions please contact your coach or the Athletic Training office at 815-394-5075 or by fax at 815-394-5077.

All full-time students, including student-athletes, must meet Illinois State Law and university admission requirements for immunizations and TB screening. New students will receive admission packets that explain these requirements. Returning students should already have provided immunizations records at their time of admission. You only need to provide immunization records once! However, if an immunization has expired, Lang Health Center will give a booster prior to your athletic participation for that year. All immunization records are to be turned in to and monitored by Lang Health Center.

Primary Insurance Coverage
All full-time students, including student-athletes, must have primary health insurance. For those students who come to Rockford University without insurance, the university provides students the opportunity to purchase a basic health insurance plan at a group rate. Student-athletes should turn in verification of their health insurance to Lang Health Center and a copy of their insurance card to the athletic trainer or their head coach.

Forms required for all athletes are provided in a downloadable version below:
Community Search
Calendar of Events

Student Music Recital

EDP: Seminar #6 - Conflict Management and Resolution

NICNE Customer Service Workshop

FORUM: Sports Management Symposium

Songs & Sonnets: A Renaissance Christmas

Latest News