Starr Science Building
||It is a privilege to use Rockford University computer classrooms and labs. Under NO circumstances is food allowed in these rooms. A Rockford University user account is required unless otherwise noted. Printers are available in specific areas, use Print Preview and duplex printing whenever possible. Save trees!|
Starr has two computer classrooms that use state-of-the-art computers with flat panel screens and ergonomic desks and chairs.
There are seven labs in the Starr Science building:
Clark Arts Center
- The General Computer Lab is available to all Rockford University students, faculty and staff. The General Computer Lab is staffed by a Lab Assistant whenever the lab is open, and contains 17 PCs with Office 2007, internet access, and computer software used in classrooms.
- The General Computer Lab hours are 7:45 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Friday the lab closes at 5:00 p.m. Saturday the lab is open from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sunday it is open from 10:00 a.m. till 10:00 p.m. The labs are open an additional 2 hours each night the week before and the week of finals.
- A computer classroom is adjacent to the General Lab and seats 20 students.
- The Language Lab contains 20 computers including six high-end video machines arranged in a collaborative pod format. This room is regularly used for classes.
- There are four additional labs in Starr that are designed around their respective curriculum. These labs are opened by the academic departments as needed for classes and/or students.
- The Chemistry lab is run by Dr. Joe Ward.
- The Math lab is run Dr. Mehmet Dik. The Math lab has hours of operation posted on the door at the beginning of each semester based on student worker availability.
- The Nursing lab is run by Dr. Julie Luetschwager.
- The Psychology lab is run by Dr. Belinda Wholeben.
- The Mac lab has 8 Apple Macs. This lab is used for Graphic Design courses while a long-term solution for technology used in the Arts is developed.
- Clark Arts will also be updated this academic year with improved with internet and wireless access for those students and faculty in this building.
Howard Colman Library
- Five computers are located on the ground floor and four computers are on the upper level. Both areas are open 24/7 and are monitored via security camera. These machines have access to the Rockford University network, a printer, and the Microsoft Office Suite. Print green.
- We are in the process of improving the wireless network in the Lion’s Den.
- The computers in the Library do not require users to log in which makes them ideal for guests of the University that do not have a network account.
- The Library has 12 computers equipped with Microsoft Office and printing capabilities. Printing duplex documents is strongly encouraged.
- These computers do not have access to shared files on the network.
- The Commuter Student Lounge is set up with two PCs with network access in a public area intended for students between classes that are looking to relax. There is no printer access in this room.