Home > Community Education > English as a Second Language Program > Apply to ESL Full-time Day Application ProcessESL INTENSIVE DAY PROGRAMApplication Process - Apply Online Now!
Follow these 3 simple STEPS FOR APPLICATION to begin the process to take English classes in our English Language Institute:
- Complete an ESL Day Application. We must have a signed copy and an electronic copy of your application, so please complete the application and print a copy application before pressing the submit key. Sign the application at the bottom and fax it to us at (011) 815-226-4161.
- Look at our Academic Calendar for start and end dates of our sessions
- After you submit the online application, e-mail ELI@rockford.edu to confirm receipt of application and to establish e-mail contact for future correspondence.
- As soon as we receive your application, you will be assigned a student ID number
- Provide Proof of Financial Ability to pay all program costs. This can be a current personal or family bank statement or payment guarantee from your government, U.S. Sponsor, company or agent.
- See the Program Costs in order to estimate the total amount to be guaranteed.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee ($125 for international students, $75 for local residents) for the program. Payments can be made by:
- check or money order from an American Bank made payable to Rockford University
- credit card via a secured fax line (do not send credit card information via email).
- Wire transfer – international money transfer to Rockford University’s bank account. Contact email@example.com for specific bank information.
UNITED STATES STUDENT VISA – For International StudentsInternational students
|Important: Our minimum age requirement is 18 years. All beginning students must have some prior study of English and be able to use or understand 200-400 words in English.|
Bilingual instruction in Spanish is used as needed.
REQUIRED: Health and Immunization Requirements
must have a current F-1 Student Visa to enroll in our ESL Program. If the student does not have an F-1 Student Visa, he or she may apply through Rockford University to receive one.
Students can also find information about changing status by visiting the U.S. Citizenship and Immigrations Services website
. Please notify us at ELI@rockford.edu
when this process is complete.International Transfer students
who have an F-1 visa from another English language program must complete a Rockford University Transfer Form in addition to steps 1-3 above.
Download Transfer Form Process for Applying for an F-1 Student Visa
- Complete the Rockford University ESL Application Process (Steps 1-3).
- Fax or email a copy of the information page from current passport. It must show the student’s full name, date of birth, and country of citizenship.
- Once all the application documents have been received and application fee is paid, we will contact the student and issue and send a Form I-20. The I-20 is an application for an F-1 Student Visa.
- Take the I-20 to the nearest US Consulate or Embassy to arrange for an F-1 Student Visa Interview. (There may be a fee for the interview.)
- Pay a $235 SEVIS Fee, which can be paid online at www.fmjfee.com/index.html. This is separate from the application fee paid to Rockford University and must be paid before the visa interview.
Once the student has received an F-1 Student visa, he or she must immediately contact us at ELI@rockford.edu
to confirm that all required documents are in order to and finalize the admission process.