Frequently Asked Questions
What is Orientation?
Orientation is a program designed to help all new students make a smooth transition to our campus. We believe orientation programs are the foundation for your success both in and out of the classroom.
During Orientation you will:
Is Orientation mandatory?
- Learn about academic expectations, including the knowledge, skills and values that contribute to your success at Rockford College
- Learn valuable Technology Survival Skills
- Connect with other new students and develop new friendships
- Have fun!
First-year students and transfer students with less than 30 credit hours
to attend all Orientation events. View the complete schedule of Fall 2012 Orientation
Orientation is not mandatory for transfer students with over 30 credit hours, but we strongly encourage attendance. We recognize the unique needs of these students and have designed a program that meets those needs. Additionally, transfer students are invited to participate in any or all of the Orientation activities planned for the following dates: Saturday, August 18th
through Tuesday, August 21st.
- When is Orientation?
Orientation for students with less than 30 credit hours will be held Saturday, August 18th through Tuesday, August 21st, with activities and events planned from morning until evening.
Transfer Orientation for students with over 30 credit hours is scheduled for Wednesday, August 15th. Check-in begins at 4:00 pm; Technology Survival Skills is scheduled from 4:30 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.; A light meal will be served from 5:00 p.m. – 6:25 p.m.; the Orientation program will be held from 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- How do I register for Orientation
Students may register one of two ways. You may register online by clicking on the following links:
- New Students - less than 30 credit hours
- Transfer Students - over 30 credit hours
- To register by phone, please contact the Office of Student Success and Retention at: 815-226-4004.
- Does Orientation cost anything?
No, there is no cost for any of the Orientation activities.
- Where do I get my student ID?
All students will receive their student IDs at Orientation Check-in. If you do not receive your ID, please visit Student Administrative Services (SAS), located on the first floor of Burpee during regular business hours in the first week of class.
- When is move-in day?
If you plan to live on campus and you must check in on Saturday, August 18th from 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Fall resident athletes will be notified by their coaches as to move-in day.
If you have further questions, please contact Ryan Hurst at 815-394-5028 or Nicole Finley at 815-226-4094.
- What to bring / not to bring if you are living on campus
- Your Name
- Permanent Address
- City, State, Zip
- License Plate #
- License Plate State of Issuance
- Vehicle Make
- Vehicle Model
- Vehicle Color
- Vehicle Owner
- Insurance Company
- Your status – Resident or Commuter?
- Your Phone Number
- Campus Address, if applicable