Home > Graduate Studies > Master of Arts in Teaching
Teachers transform lives in their classrooms. We help them do so.
Our endorsements, and Master of Arts in Teaching degree tracks will strengthen your career or prepare you for a rewarding future in education — whether you are already in the teaching field, new to teaching, or dreaming of becoming a teacher.
View our student testimonial video >>
- Earn a Professional Educator License (PEL) with an endorsement in Early Childhood, Elementary, K-12, Secondary, or Special Education
- Add a subsequent endorsement to a PEL in Early Childhood, Elementary, K-12, Secondary, or Special Education
- As a licensed teacher, earn your master’s in Instructional Strategies or in Reading with a Reading Specialist endorsement
- Earn endorsements in ESL/Bilingual, Learning Behavior Specialist I, Middle School, and Reading Teacher
Our programming is unique, flexible and accelerated!
- Design a plan tailored to your passion
- Small class sizes with individual attention
- Traditional campus setting with night classes for working adults
- Competitive tuition and options for payment
- Dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and staff to help you every step of the way
- Only MAT program of its kind in the region
- Come with any undergraduate degree and earn a teaching degree
- Since 2000, 22 of our alumni have been honored with Golden Apple Awards and 2 alumnae have been recognized as Illinois Teachers of the Year
To learn more, please contact:
Office of Graduate Studies
5050 E. State Street,
Rockford, IL 61108
(View our Campus Map)
Times of Operation: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Early Childhood Education program is ideal for a career as a public/private school teacher, an administrator, as a Head Start teacher, child development professional or family specialist, and any student looking for a rewarding career within the early education field. Both undergraduate and graduate students will receive early childhood special education approval upon completion of the early childhood program.
Check out this video!
Read more about the Early Childhood Education Program!
Additional InformationC Grade Rule Requirement