Join us for a weekend of activities that's sure to be exciting and relaxing for the whole family!
Students, show your family your home away from home; and parents, get to know your student's home away from home.
a night of laughter in the Lion's Den, tailgate with your student and
friends before the football game, and share brunch with the whole
family!We hope you can join us for this special weekend!
Family Weekend Schedule November 9–11, 2012Friday, November 9 ($15 donation to Rockford Rescue Mission will be collected at registration.)
- Registration for Family Weekend events, 5–7:00 p.m., Lion’s Den.
- Registration for "Sleep a Night in my Box, Walk a Mile in my Shoes” event, 6–7:00 p.m., football field lawn.
- Kick-off and walk for "Walk a Mile in my Shoes,” 8:00 p.m., football field lawn.
- Shelter construction,
9:00 p.m., football field lawn. Construction of shelters can be done in
advance (and assembled at event), or fully created at this time.
(Please bring your own supplies and refer to the Rockford Rescue Mission
website for specifications of what supplies are permitted.
- "Blindside” screening on the jumbo screen, 10:00 p.m., football field lawn.
Saturday, November 10 (All events are FREE!)
- Campfire and snacks, 10:00 p.m., football field lawn. Provided by Rockford Rescue Mission and JACCE.
- "Sleep a Night in my Box” event concludes, 7:00 a.m.
- Family tailgating competition
(registration at 10:30 a.m.), 11:00 a.m., Parking Lot A. Bring your own
food, grills and tables. Prizes given for the most-spirited tailgating
spot, most-spirited tailgaters, and best tailgating food! Judging will
take place at 11:30 a.m.! Winners will be announced at half-time. Human
Bowling and Human Foosball will be available for everyone to enjoy at
- Football game vs. Aurora University,
12:00 p.m., Samuel S. Greeley Field. It’s also Senior Day—come
celebrate our seniors and enjoy some fun activities for the whole
family! (Pre-register for four complimentary tickets per family!)
- Family bowling,
4–6:00 p.m., Don Carter Lanes. Join Rockford College families for FREE
bowling! Come to Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State Street, and ask for the
Rockford College group.
5–7:00 p.m., Cafeteria, Burpee Center. "Houston, we have NO problems!”
Enjoy a Texas BBQ complete with a space-themed dessert in preparation
for the "Living and Working in Space” lecture!
- Living and Working in Space,
7:00 p.m., Peterson Auditorium, Starr 207. Dean Steve Siconolfi, Ph.D.,
is a former senior research scientist at NASA’s Johnson Space Center.
He will present a lecture that covers the physics of microgravity, how
astronauts complete acts of daily living, and physiological adaptations
to and after space flight.
Sunday, November 11
- Flexible Comedian: Jonathan Burns,
9:00 p.m., Lion’s Den. Born with the gifts of flexibility, curiosity,
and goofiness, Jonathan Burns now uses these talents to entertain
audiences around the world. You may have seen Jonathan on David
Letterman or Jay Leno! Check out his video and webpage at
(All events are FREE!)
- Chapel (nondenominational), 9–10:00 a.m., Fisher Memorial Chapel.
- Parent Meeting,
10:00 a.m., Forrest Cool Lounge, 3rd floor Burpee Center. Before
brunch, all parents and family members are invited to attend this
- Family Brunch, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m., Cafeteria, Burpee Center. Enjoy a complimentary brunch with your family.
Family Weekend hotel options:
receive a special rate when mentioning "Family Weekend at Rockford
College" at either the Radisson Hotel or Candlewood Suites.
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford
200 South Bell School Road, Rockford, IL 61108
815.226.2100 or 800.395.7046
7555 Walton Street, Rockford, IL 61108
For more information about Family Weekend, contact:
Register for Family Weekend: